I receive so many messages regarding #potty_training or #toilet_training a Pomeranian! Most of my puppies come to new owners potty trained, but anyway I'll write a post how personally I potty train puppies.
1) buy a playpen for the puppy as the first rule is to limit the space. Inside of the playpen we put puppy pads, bowls with food and water, a bed and toys.
2) Always leave the puppy closed in a puppy pen while you are out or can't watch him/her.for example: at night.
3) If there is a carpet on the floor take it away, as it's one big puppy pad for the puppy🙈.
4) while the puppy is out of the playpen we also limit the space, put several puppy pads and don't allow to walk all over the house. For example: one room only at first.
5) when the puppy goes toilet to the puppy pad-you should praise him with a treat or a word( show your emotions that you are happy with such a good boy or girl).
6) if the puppy does wrong( not on the puppy pad): clean the floor and put a pad on that place. It can continue up to the time you'll have a carpet from pads, but the puppy will stop it anyway so after he does well you'll reduce the pads' amount in the room slowly. When the puppy is in the playpen you can take away all puppy pads (you put earlier during his/her walk in the room) from the floor until the next walk.