I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving today! I am thankful today for my Instagram and Facebook friends who appreciate what I share online and encourage me to continue doing more. I truly thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
This is what I’m having for lunch - dairy free Creamy Tomato Bisque with garlic bread.
This soup is so amazing, I could eat it everyday. And sometimes I do. You don’t need any dairy in this bisque because the cashews and coconut milk make it Uber creamy and dairy is horrible for your health.
Creamy Tomato Bisque:
1 large onion diced
5 garlic cloves pressed
3 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup raw cashews soaked for a few hours if you don’t have a high speed blender
1 cup water
6 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes
1 15 oz can coconut cream or coconut milk
3 T dried or fresh basil
2 t sea salt
Crushed black pepper to taste
1 green onion diced
1. Cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic covered over medium heat with a little water, salt, and pepper for about 5 minutes or until onions become translucent.
2. Pour cashews and water in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and set aside.
3. Place stewed tomatoes in blender and pulse until the tomatoes are broken up into smaller bite size pieces and then pour half of the pulsed tomatoes into a large bowl and set aside.
4. Add cooked onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the blender full of the now half pulsed stewed tomatoes and blend until smooth. Pour the contents into a large pot.
5. Add the rest of the stewed tomatoes from the large bowl into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the large pot along with the blended cashews and water.
6. Pour the coconut milk or cream, basil, salt, and pepper into the soup and whisk together until well combined. Simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls and add some fresh basil, green onions, and fresh black pepper.
Enjoy my friends!
Compassion is cool!!